Saturday, August 11, 2007

The Good Manager

Well I joined Nvidia and so far its been great. Probably because they haven't given me any work yet! But, anyway within a month of joining, I've already had four, five star lunches, two movies and Eagleton Golf resorts coming up next week. Well if working is really this fun , I really have no complaints!

Anyway, the purpose of this article is not that. I do go to office by car, which happens to be my dad's car, but he doesn't mind my using it , I've already scratched his baby twice, poor guy , so he's given up. Anyway, there was this evening that I left the company a little early in the evening. There were still a lot of cars left in the parking lot. As a consequence, it was a daunting task to back my car out of the cramped space. While I was still struggling, one of the managers, a one Mr. P (whose name I shall not divulge due to confidentiality reasons), walked into the parking lot. Seeing me backing out of the car, he broke into a sprint and was at my side in a jiffy. Then he started assisting me with the backing up of the car. I was pretty surprised, shocked even to see such a senior guy going out of his way to help me, a fresher he didn't even know. As I waved a thank you, he walked across and got into his Honda Accord, I think , which was parked next to my former slot. And then it dawned upon me, he feared for his car! He didn't want his baby to get scratched which explained the sprint. I broke into a broad grin and was laughing all the way home.

Anyway, Mr. P, all said and done, you are still great. I hope that one day when I am in such a big position, I still remain as humble and down to earth as you.

No comments: