Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Eagleton Experience

It was on the occasion of employees day that we went to Eagleton golf resort sans the golf facilities. The first thing that struck me was the huge acreage which they had managed to buy. And this was excluding the golf course greens. I was of course wondering why anyone would bother driving thirty odd kilometers out of the city in order to get to this place. Thats when I saw that along with Nvidia, there were five other companies celebrating some occasion or just giving a breather to their stressed out employees by taking them out to the reaort.

The facilities were pretty impressive too especially for a sports enthusiast like me. Billiards, Squash courts, table tennis and badminton, Foozball, multi level swimming Pool, and of course Golf. They even have rooms if you plan to stay the night at the resort. So its quite a tempting experience for the sports junkies. Personally, I felt that the time we had there was not enough to explore all the facilities. I could only use the squash, swimming pool and the foozball. Squash was really a great experience, probably the game I have enjoyed the most after tennis. I'm really looking forward to playing it again sometime soon.

The new thing I tried was flying a kite. There were two experience kite flyers there namely Harpreet and Sahil and they managed to get the kite so hgh up that it became merely a speck in the sky! What was even more exciting was to see that the kite was even higher than the bird which was flying right up there. I never imagined that flying kites could be so good. And evening there was a DJ and we did some good old dancing on the dance floor. Although there were a little too many punjabi songs on the playlist, I had a good time. By the end of the day, I was thoroughly exhausted and now that i think of it, I would definitely like to go there again.

Oh and by the way, this was the first Nvidia party that had drinks on the house.

2 comments:

Czar said...

A few things:

a. Very soon you will be buying such a piece of land, and you will hopefully be buying it from me.. :D

b. Maga! yesht peg haakde?

c. It is good that you are able to enjoy sports, Nvidia will definitely suck your life out of you.

Overall, a neat experience I must say. Have fun, and all the best sir.

Slow Sprinter said...

@czar

a. Do you intend to become a real estate agent?
b. Didnt put too much man, because i wanted to enjoy the sports facilities, not just sit there sloshed
c. Right now Im getting bored of not having any work to do. I guess once work starts, Ill start cribbing that I have so much to do :D