Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Pandoras Box

Recently I discovered this new website called 'www.pandora.com'. They claim that it is a music genome project. What the website offers is a free online internet radio. Now, what's the difference between this iRadio and others? The idea is that you give a list of artists or songs that you like and the radio basically tries to predict your music sense and plays the kind of music you like. The website creates a profile for each user and tries to get feedback from you and improves the profiling so that you have a better listener experience.
I tried the website and it totally kicks ass. Of course, the downside is that you need a broadband net connection for the experience to be pleasurable. But since our college has just given us net in the hostels, I can afford the luxury. Im telling you, I no longer have to listen to music from my hard disk. Pandora, you rule!
I just love this age of free internet services. If you are a music fan, please check out this website. It is a must. Of course, only english music is being offered right now.

No comments: