Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I Think Therefore I AM???

Within a week of placements, I have been placed, that too in a company that declares that it chooses and hand picks a worthy few. ITTIAM, the company where I did my internship and also the company I wanted to get into. It was a dream job one might say. But after the dream is fulfilled one wonders whether it is a dream worthy of pursuing.

Friends have their eyes set on GRE and the doors to the portals of higher studies and more importantly USA. Do I want to go there? If I want to, I can definitely get there. But is that my ultimate aim? On the one side is a career and a yearning to travel the world and explore the unknown. Also the glitter of the green stuff is strong, almost overbearing. Senses barely prevail above this.

On the other hand, staying on at home and working in Bangalore does have its advantages. Friends around me, parents to go back to every night and a general comfort that no place other than home can provide you with. I will not be guilty of deserting my parents who have brought me up for so many years. The salary is nothing to boast of, but the work will definitely be challenging and interesting at ITTIAM. But are there companies that can offer me something better than Ittiam? ARM, AMD, Intel ??? For I cannot deny that my greatest passion has been computer architecture and systems design. In everything there is the greatest fear as always, the fear of the unknown.

And of course as Sundi wisely said, Carreer growth vs personal growth. They are 180 degrees out of phase. One means a sacrifice of the other. Can I strike the delicate balnce which promises me both? Ittiam does not seem to good for the personal growth side, no HR team and no girl population to boast of. And I am twenty one years of age and still very single. I dont think it is a question that I can answer now.

More on this later...

2 comments:

Shankar said...

thats why, write gre, toefl and go abroad, get a gf, grow up ;)!

Mahesh.R said...

shankin has hit the nail on the head.......